Placement supervision group (PSG) feedback
What is the placement supervision group (PSG)?
Information about what the placement supervision group (PSG) is and what their responsibilities are can be found in the foundation programme curriculum (pages 39-40). The importance of gathering and considering PSG feedback is explained on the UKFPO website.
Learn more about how to run the PSG feedback process in Horus.
Who can request PSG feedback in Horus?
Clinical supervisors, educational supervisors, foundation programme directors and administrators/foundation school staff can all request and view feedback for foundation doctors/NTGs they have access to.
It is generally expected that the clinical supervisor identifies the members of the PSG and requests feedback from them before completing their end of placement report. However, other staff (as listed above) are able to request feedback on the clinical supervisor's behalf.
Learn more about
How do I get feedback from a foundation doctor's PSG using Horus?
1. Once you have logged in to Horus, open the foundation doctor's/NTG portfolio.
2. Open the "Placement Supervision Group" section in the portfolio menu (the last option in the list).
3. You will see the list of placements attached to the FD's/NTG's selected rotation. Select "Manage PSG Feedback" next to the relevant placement.
4. You will see any PSG feedback already requested or completed. To request PSG feedback, select the blue "Request feedback" button near the top right of the page.
Gathering PSG feedback from a registered Horus user
5a. Start typing the PSG member's last name, first name or GMC number into the 'PSG member' field.
6a. Wait for options to appear.
7a. If the person you're looking for appears in the options, select their account.
If they don't, see step 5b below.
8a. Select 'Send feedback request'.
Gathering PSG feedback from a member not registered with Horus
5b. Select the ‘nominate using a name and email address’ link.
6b. Type the full name and email address of the PSG member into the boxes.
7b. Select 'Send feedback request'
All PSG members will receive an email notification with a link to complete the PSG feedback form. PSG members who are registered on Horus (and have been added using steps 5a-8a) can also access and complete the PSG feedback form through the ‘Unsigned PSGs’ tab on their homepage.
Learn more about
You can view a full pdf user guide here.
How many PSG members can be asked for feedback?
You can ask as many PSG members for feedback as required - there is no limit.
How do I track feedback from a foundation doctor’s PSG?
- Access the relevant foundation doctor’s/NTG's PSG sub-menu. See steps 1-3 here.
- You will see on the "PSG feedback" page how many responses have been requested and how many have been received.
- A completed PSG individual feedback form has a "View" button in the last column.
- A requested but not yet completed feedback form can have one of two entries in the last column - "Recent reminder sent" if the recipient was last emailed less than 24 hours ago and "Send reminder email" if it was more than 24 hours ago.
When you complete the CS end of placement report for the relevant foundation doctor, the names of the PSG members who have completed the PSG individual feedback form will appear in the form. You can add the names of any PSG members who did not complete a form (but did give you feedback) manually
Who can view feedback collected through the PSG feedback process on Horus?
Clinical supervisors, educational supervisors, foundation programme directors and administrators/foundation school staff can all view feedback for foundation/NTG doctors they have access to.
The names of the PSG members who submitted feedback are auto-populated into any CS end of placement reports completed for the relevant placement and these names will be seen by the foundation doctor, their supervisors and administrators once the report has been submitted.
All relevant users, plus the foundation/NTG doctor themselves, can view anonymised (see disclaimer below) feedback if a PSG summary is created.
NOTE: The PSG summary can be released at the discretion of the supervisor, with no minimum number of responses needed. Although your name will not be shown to the foundation doctor, note that this means your responses will not necessarily be anonymous."
Learn more about
Can PSG feedback be deleted?
Yes, PSG individual feedback forms (IFFs) can be deleted by administrators.
To delete a PSG IFF:
- Find the relevant form in Portfolio > Placement supervision group > Manage PSG feedback > View
- Scroll to the end of the form and select "Delete feedback"
- Read the notification in the pop-up carefully
• Once you have deleted a form, it cannot be recovered.
• Deleting a PSG IFF will not remove it from any PSG summaries it may have been released in.
- Select "Delete" - if you are sure of this action. Otherwise, select "Cancel" - the form will remain unchanged.
PSG IFFs can be deleted up till 3 months after the end of the placement they belong to.
Learn more about how to delete a PSG summary.
Someone has been incorrectly nominated to provided PSG feedback. Can their details be removed?
Yes. A PSG nominee's details can be removed from a foundation doctor/NTG's PSG:
1. Log into Horus and open the foundation doctor/NTG's ePortfolio.
2. Open the 'Placement supervision group' section in the portfolio menu.
3. Select 'Manage PSG Feedback' next to the relevant placement.
4. Select the 'Delete nominee' link against the PSG nominee which you would like to remove.
This process cannot be un-done - if a PSG member is deleted in error they will need to be re-nominated.
- What is a PSG summary report?
Where is a PSG summary report?
A PSG summary report can be accessed from the following foundation doctor portfolio sub-menus:
- ‘Contents’ (listed as “Placement Supervision Group Summary”)
- ‘Placement supervision group’ > 'Manage PSG Feedback' next to the relevant placement > Scroll to under the list of individual PSG feedback forms
Learn about how to create a PSG summary report.
How do I create a PSG summary report?
A PSG summary report can only be created when at least one PSG member has submitted feedback. An unlimited number of PSG summary reports can be created following this.
Learn more about who can view the summary.
To create a PSG summary report:
1. Access the relevant foundation doctor’s/NTG's PSG sub-menu. See steps 1-3 here.
2. Check the box next to the response/responses you want to include in the PSG summary report.
IMPORTANT NOTE: the minimum number of feedback forms that can be ‘summarised’ is one. Releasing one feedback form only will remove the anonymity of this feedback. See disclaimer.
3. Select ‘Preview PSG summary’.
4. Check the responses to ensure you are happy to release them to the foundation doctor/NTG.
If not, select ‘Close’ towards the top right screen to return to the previous page.
5. Select 'Satisfactory' or 'Unsatisfactory' from the Outcome drop down.
6. Complete the 'Comment' field.
7. Select ‘Release PSG Summary’.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once a PSG summary has been released it can only be deleted by a user with administrator permissions.
8. You will see confirmation that the PSG summary has been released.
Please note, a Clinical Supervisor can only create a PSG Summary report up to 3 months after the end of the placement that the PSG feedback belongs to. After this time they will no longer be able to complete the report. However the PSG Summary report can be completed by the Educational Supervisor up to 3 months after the end of the rotation that the placement belongs to.
Learn more about where to find the PSG summary report.
Why can some PSG feedback not be added to a PSG summary?
PSG feedback gathered before the PSG feedback functionality was updated on 14 December 2018 cannot be added to a PSG summary. This is because from 14 December 2018, PSG individual feedback forms carry a disclaimer (see below), whereas the previous version did not.
Any forms completed before 14 December 2018 have the code "SNA" next to them in the PSG feedback list (in each FD's e-portfolio).
"NOTE: The PSG summary can be released at the discretion of the supervisor, with no minimum number of responses needed. Although your name will not be shown to the foundation doctor, note that this means your responses will not necessarily be anonymous."
Learn more about
- If I delete an PSG individual feedback form, will it be removed from any PSG summaries it has been released in?
Can a PSG summary be deleted?
Yes, PSG summaries can be deleted by administrators.
To delete a PSG summary:
- Go to Portfolio > Placement supervision group > Manage PSG feedback (for the relevant placement)
- Scroll to the end of the page and find the relevant summary in the "Placement Supervision Group Summary" list
OR go to Portfolio > Contents and fine the relevant summary in that list
- Scroll to the end of the form and select "Delete summary"
- Read the notification in the pop-up carefully
• Once you have deleted a summary, it cannot be recovered.
• Deleting a PSG summary will not delete any of the PSG individual feedback forms (IFFs) within it.
- Select "Delete" - if you are sure of this action. Otherwise, select "Cancel" - the summary will remain unchanged.
PSG summaries can be deleted up till 3 months after the end of the placement they belong to.
Learn more about how to delete a PSG IFF.
Can I add extra feedback to a released PSG summary report?
Extra feedback cannot be added to a released PSG summary report. You can delete the original PSG summary report and create a new summary report that includes the extra feedback. Note that this may remove the anonymity of the extra feedback.
PSG summary linked from clinical supervisor end of placement report