Signing in and out
Signing in basics
How do I sign in to my account?
Once you have been registered on Horus, follow these steps to sign in:
- Go to the Horus ePortfolio website by typing https://horus.hee.nhs.uk into your browser (or by clicking the link)
- Enter your email address and password
- Select the 'Sign in' button.
How do I access my account for the first time?
When an account is created for you, you should receive an activation email with a link to a page where you can set up your password.
You can activate your account without the activation email by following the resetting your password process.
What will my activation email look like?
Your Horus ePortfolio activation email will look like this:
Learn more about what to do if you have not received your activation email yet.
What do I do if the link in my activation email has expired?
1. Select the account activation link in the activation email
2. Land on the “this link has expired” message
3. Select the “Login page” link on that page
4. Select the “Unable to sign in?” link on the sign in page
5. Enter email address
6. Select "Recover password"
7. Find the email in your email account and select the new link to set up your new password
More detailed instructions in how do I reset my password?
Problems with signing in
What should I do if I can't sign in to my account?
1. you are attempting to sign in to the correct version of Horus
- The Health Education England version (used from August 2017 onwards) is at https://horus.hee.nhs.uk.
2. you are using the correct email address and password.
Learn more about what to do if you
- have forgotten the email address with which you're registered on Horus
- can't access to the email address with which you're registered on Horus
--> If you are unsure of your password, but do know your registered email address, then reset your password.
How do I sign out of Horus?
The 'Sign out' link is in the top right corner of the page and it is accessible from every page of Horus ePortfolio.
Why do I need to sign out?
In order to protect your account and your e-portfolio contents, you should always sign out of the system when you have finished working. This is particularly important if you are working on a shared computer (e.g. in a hospital computer room).
Your Horus session will expire and you will be logged out if you are inactive for 3 hours.