- Support Home
- Horus updates
- Browsers and compatibility
- Signing in and out
- Username and password
- Roles in Horus
- Menu options
- User management
- Foundation doctor photos
- Non-trainee grade (NTG)
- Data in Horus
- Rotations and placements
- Forms and functionality
- Creating content
- The curriculum
- Team assessment of behaviour (TAB)
- Mandatory certificates
- Personal learning log
- HEE elearning for healthcare
- Concerns management
- Placement supervision group (PSG) feedback
- Annual review of competence progression (ARCP)
- Communication in Horus
- Archived HEE e-portfolio
- About Horus
- Contact us
- Blank forms
- Privacy Notice
- Technical Checker
Before you register
Who can use the Horus ePortfolio?
You can access the Horus ePortfolio for free if you fulfill any of the criteria listed below.
- You are a foundation doctor working in England
- Note that all appointments to F1/F2 level/equivalent posts made outside of the national recruitment process will be considered to have "NTG" status in Horus (see below)
- You are a non-trainee grade (NTG) junior doctor (or other healthcare professional) working in a foundation-level (or similar) post in England
- You are a clinical, educational, academic or any other kind of supervisor to a foundation/NTG doctor in England
- You are involved in the day to day training/support of foundation doctors in England (for example, a ward pharmacist, a nurse or an allied health professional)
- You are a foundation training programme director or clinical tutor at an NHS trust in England
- You are responsible for maintaining the information in the Horus ePortfolio or for monitoring the progress of foundation doctors in England as an administrator (for example an NHS trust postgraduate centre administrator or a foundation school administrator)
- You are a foundation school manager or foundation school director in England
- You are an ARCP (annual review of competence progression) reviewer or panel chair
If you fit into any of the categories listed above and would like to access Horus, please contact your local e-portfolio administrator - either in your local postgraduate centre or foundation school.
Learn more about registering.
- You are a foundation doctor working in England
Do I have to pay to use the Horus ePortfolio?
You can access the Horus ePortfolio for free if you fulfill any of the criteria listed in the "Who can use the Horus ePortfolio" section.
It is not possible to pay to use the Horus ePortfolio. If you do not fit into any of the listed categories, you will not be able to use Horus.
What do I need in order to access the Horus ePortfolio?
In order to access the Horus ePortfolio you will need an internet connection, an email address and a password. You can get login details by registering for an account.
How do I register?
To register, please contact your local Horus ePortfolio administrator (this will usually be your local postgraduate centre team or your foundation school administrator). They will be able to create an account for you.
Please note that the Horus helpdesk team is not able to create accounts for individual users.
If you are an administrator, learn more about how to create a new user account.
Problems with registration
Why have I not received my activation email yet?
Ensure you have checked the inbox and junk/spam folder of the email account you have been registered with, as your account activation details will have been sent to that email address. The email may take a few minutes to arrive.
Sometimes our emails can be wrongly identified as junk mail so please check your junk mail or spam folder carefully.
Learn more about the activation email.
If you have checked your email account and still haven’t received your activation email (or your activation link has expired), you should first take the steps described in the resetting your password section.
If you still don't receive your activation email, contact your local Horus ePortfolio administrator (this will usually be your local postgraduate centre administrator or foundation school administrator), who will be able to verify your account details or create a new account for you if appropriate.
Learn more about how to register for a Horus account.
I think I already have an account - how do I find out my registered email address and password?
If you think you have an account, then you should try to sign in.
If you think you have an account but cannot remember your registered email address, learn more about your registered email address.
If you are unsure of your password but do know your registered email address, try to reset your password.
If you are unsure about whether or not you have an account, you should try to log in (see steps above). If, after following the steps above, you are not able to log in, contact your local Horus ePortfolio administrator (this will usually be your local postgraduate centre administrator or foundation school administrator).