HEE elearning for healthcare
HEE elearning for healthcare - Technical
Is there a link between Horus and HEE elfh?
Yes - Horus can connect to your HEE elearning for healthcare (HEE elfh) account and import information about any courses you complete within HEE elfh. These can then be mapped to the curriculum as part of your evidence for the achievement of a specific foundation professional capability (FPC).
Learn more about how to link Horus and HEE elfh.
How do I link my Horus account to my HEE elfh account?
Horus to HEE elfh account linking can only be performed by foundation doctors/NTGs (that is, administrators or supervisors cannot do this on behalf of FDs/NTGs).
Until FDs/NTGs make this link, their "HEE elfh" portfolio page will show
1. Portfolio > HEE elfh
2. Read the guidance and tick the checkbox to confirm you have read and taken the appropriate steps before connecting the two accounts
3. Select 'Continue to elfh account linking'
4. Select the 'Link accounts' option
5. You will be taken to the HEE elfh website - login using your HEE elfh login details
6. Give your permission for data to be shared by HEE elfh with Horus.
7. Your account will now show
**If you are a FD working in England you should have login details for HEE elfh. If you have not received login details please visit the HEE elfh support site for further information.**
Learn more about
- linking to Horus if you have an OpenAthens account
- which HEE elfh courses are relevant to each curriculum outcome
Can I link my HEE elearning for healthcare account to Horus if I access the HEE elfh Hub using OpenAthens?
If you have an OpenAthens account you will need to contact the HEE elfh helpdesk, who will convert it to an HEE elfh account for you. When it has been converted, your HEE elfh account can be linked to Horus.
Learn more about the link between Horus and HEE elfh.
Which HEE elfh courses can be viewed in Horus?
Any courses you have attempted in HEE elfh:
- during your current rotation
- up to 1 month before the start of that rotation
[No courses completed before July 2017 can be viewed.]
See the HEE elfh support site for information about how to create a report of all of your HEE elfh activity through HEE elfh.
New data is imported from HEE elfh to Horus every day between 06:30 and 08:00. This means you may need to wait up to 24 hours to see your recent HEE elfh activity in Horus.
Which HEE elfh courses can be mapped to the curriculum?
You can map to the curriculum any HEE elfh courses that appear in your Horus account that
- you have marked as "complete" in HEE elfh
- you completed in more than 5 minutes
I'm experiencing technical issues linking my HEE elearning for healthcare account to Horus. Who should I report this to?
If you experience any technical issues linking your Horus and HEE elfh accounts (or any other technical issues regarding your HEE elfh information in Horus), first check other FAQs on this support site - we may already have answered your question.
If, after checking the support site, you think you have completed courses that should have appeared in Horus but you can't see them, or you cannot link your accounts, please send full details to the Horus Helpdesk (not HEE elfh). HEE elfh are not able to help with queries that are related to Horus.
Learn more about linking to Horus if you have an OpenAthens account.
My HEE elfh modules aren't syncing correctly with Horus ePortfolio
There are many reasons that your HEE elfh modules aren’t syncing correctly with your Horus account. The main reasons for this could be:
- Your HEE elfh account and your Horus ePortfolio account have not been connected. Learn more about how to connect your HEE elfh account to your Horus account here. You can check if your accounts are linked by navigating to the HEE elfh page of your Horus account (Portfolio > e-LfH). Linked accounts will show as 'e-LfH account status: Connected'.
- The HEE elfh activity was completed on the same day you're checking Horus. Any new HEE elfh content is only transferred to Horus once every 24 hours.
- The HEE elfh content was completed more than 1 month before the start date of your rotation (find out more here). If the modules were completed more than 1 month before the start of your rotation, they will not be synced with your Horus account.
- You have multiple HEE elfh accounts and Horus is connected to one and the modules have been completed in another. You should contact the HEE elfh helpdesk (https://support.e-lfh.org.uk/home/) and they will be able to merge the two HEE elfh accounts into a single account. Once this has been done you should allow 24 hours for the content to start syncing with your Horus account. If this does not happen you should contact the Horus ePortfolio Servicedesk and they will be able to remove the link between your HEE elfh account and your Horus account.
If you have ruled out the above reasons you should contact the Horus ePortfolio Servicedesk with a copy of your activity report from HEE elfh.
As a trust administrator, how do I report on HEE elfh modules completed by FDs?
You can see the HEE elfh modules an individual foundation doctor (FD) has completed by going to the FD's portfolio and selecting the "e-LfH" sub-menu. Note which HEE elfh courses can be viewed in Horus.
To report on HEE elfh modules completed by all your FDs, you should use the reporting at organisation level functionality in HEE elfh itself.
Horus does not offer reporting of HEE elfh module completion for all FDs at a hospital or trust.
HEE elearning for healthcare - General
Which HEE elfh courses are relevant to each curriculum outcome?
The HEE elfh courses considered specifically relevant to each curriculum outcome ('foundation professional capability' or 'FPC') are shown on each foundation doctor's Horus ePortfolio 'Curriculum' page.
You can select the link next to each FPC and you will be taken directly to the course on the HEE elfh website.
Many other HEE elfh courses may also be relevant and useful to support learning during the foundation programme.
Learn more about how to link your Horus account to HEE elfh
How do I evidence achievement of other e-learning (not in HEE elfh)?
Any courses that you complete within HEE elfh can be viewed in Horus. Learn more about how to link your HEE elfh account to Horus.
Any courses that you complete on other e-learning platforms (for example, SCRIPT) can be evidenced in Horus in the following way:
1. Forms (start new)
2. Scroll down the page to the "Additional Achievements" section
3. Create a new "Course / seminar / other learning attended" form
4. Give the form an appropriately descriptive title
5. Upload your e-learning certificate / evidence of completion
6. Complete the other free text parts of the form as appropriate
7. Save the form
8. Check the contents and 'Mark as complete' when you're ready
9. (Optional) Map the form to the relevant section of the curriculum