e-Learning for Health
e-Learning for Health - Technical
Is there a link between Horus and e-LfH?
How do I link my Horus account to my e-LfH account?
Can I link my e-learning account to Horus if I access the e-LfH Hub using OpenAthens?
Which e-LfH courses can be viewed in Horus?
Any courses you have attempted in e-LfH
- during your current rotation
- up to 1 month before the start of that rotation
[No courses completed before July 2017 can be viewed.]
See the e-LfH support site for information about how to create a report of all of your e-LfH activity through e-LfH.
New data is imported from e-LfH to Horus every day between 06:30 and 08:00. This means you may need to wait up to 24 hours to see your recent e-LfH activity in Horus.
Which e-LfH courses can be mapped to the curriculum?
You can map to the curriculum any e-LfH courses that appear in your Horus account that
- you have marked as "complete" in e-LfH AND
- you completed in more than 5 minutes
I'm experiencing technical issues linking my e-LfH account to Horus. Who should I report this to?
My e-LfH modules aren't syncing correctly with Horus ePortfolio
There are many reasons that your e-LfH modules aren’t syncing correctly with your Horus account. The main reasons for this could be:
- Your e-LfH account and your Horus ePortfolio account have not been connected. Learn more about how to connect your e-LfH account to your Horus account here. You can check if your accounts are linked by navigating to the e-LfH page of your Horus account (Portfolio > e-LfH). Linked accounts will show as 'e-LfH account status: Connected'.
- The e-LfH activity was completed on the same day you're checking Horus. Any new e-LfH content is only transferred to Horus once every 24 hours.
- The e-LfH content was completed more than 1 month before the start date of your rotation (find out more here). If the modules were completed more than 1 month before the start of your rotation, they will not be synced with your Horus account.
- You have multiple e-LfH accounts and Horus is connected to one and the modules have been completed in another. You should contact the e-LfH helpdesk (https://support.e-lfh.org.uk/home/) and they will be able to merge the two e-LfH account into a single account. Once this has been done you should allow 24 hours for the content to start syncing with your Horus account. If this does not happen you should contact the Horus ePortfolio Servicedesk and they will be able to remove the link between your e-LfH account and your Horus account.
If you have ruled out the above reasons you should contact the Horus ePortfolio Servicedesk with a copy of your activity report from e-LfH.
As a trust administrator, how do I report on e-LfH modules completed by FDs?
To report on e-LfH modules completed by all your FDs, you should use the reporting at organisation level functionality in e-LfH itself.
Horus does not offer reporting of e-LfH module completion for all FDs at a hospital or trust.
e-Learning for Health - General
Which e-LfH courses are relevant to each curriculum outcome?
The e-LfH courses considered specifically relevant to each curriculum outcome ("foundation professional capability" or "FPC") are shown on each foundation doctor's Horus ePortfolio "Curriculum" page (and are also listed in this document).
You can select the link next to each FPC and you will be taken directly to the course on the e-LfH website.
Many other e-LfH courses may also be relevant and useful to support learning during the foundation programme.
Learn more about how to link your Horus account to e-LfH
How do I evidence achievement of other e-learning (not in e-LfH)?
Any courses that you complete within e-LfH programme can be viewed in Horus. Learn more about how to link your e-LfH account to Horus.
Any courses that you complete on other e-learning platforms (for example, SCRIPT) can be evidenced in Horus in the following way:
1. Forms (start new)
2. Scroll down the page to the "Additional Achievements" section
3. Create a new "Course / seminar / other learning attended" form
4. Give the form an appropriately descriptive title
5. Upload your e-learning certificate / evidence of completion
6. Complete the other free text parts of the form as appropriate
7. Save the form
8. Check the contents and 'Mark as complete' when you're ready
9. (Optional) Map the form to the relevant section of the curriculum