Placement supervision group (PSG) feedback
- What is the placement supervision group (PSG)?
Who has access to the PSG feedback process in Horus?
Only clinical supervisors have access to the PSG feedback process in Horus.
We are in the process of enhancing this functionality, to
- allow educational supervisors and programme directors/administrators to request and view feedback
- create an anonymised summary of the feedback received
- allow this summary to be released to the foundation doctor
This will be available later on during the 2018-19 training year. We will confirm a date nearer the time.
Learn more about how to run the PSG feedback process in Horus.
As a CS, how do I get feedback from a foundation doctor's PSG using Horus?
A pdf user guide is available (link will open in a new window).
1. Once you have logged in to Horus, select the "Supervising" main menu item.
2. In the menu on the right hand side, select "Manage / start PSG feedback".
3. You will see any PSG feedback rounds you've already started for any of your supervised foundation doctors on the left. To start a new PSG feedback round, select the relevant foundation doctor's name from the list on the right.
4. Enter each PSG member's name and email address.
- You can add up to 20 PSG members by selecting "Add nominee".
Learn more about how many PSG members can be asked for feedback.
- You cannot add PSG members to a batch once you have started the process.
- PSG members do not need to have a Horus account to participate in this process.
5. Once you've added all the required PSG members, select "Save and start process".
6. Each PSG member will receive an email with a link to complete the PSG feedback form.
Forms can be completed until 3 months after the end of the rotation they relate to.
7. You will see on the "Manage / start PSG feedback" page how many responses you've requested and how many you have received. Select "Details" next to the relevant foundation doctor to see who has responded/is yet to respond.
8. Any completed PSG individual feedback forms can be viewed by selecting the "See feedback form" button in the last column.
When you complete the CS end of placement report for the relevant foundation doctor, the names of the PSG members who have completed the PSG individual feedback form will appear in the form. You can add the names of any PSG members who did not complete a form manually.
NOTE: You can run as many PSG feedback rounds for any foundation doctor as required.
NOTE: Only you, the feedback requester, can see the submitted feedback.
Learn more about
You can view a full pdf user guide here.
How many PSG members can be asked for feedback?
You can ask as many PSG members for feedback as required, but in ‘rounds’ of a maximum of 20 members at a time.
Follow the PSG feedback process and start another 'round' if you require feedback from more than 20 PSG members.
Who can view feedback collected through the PSG feedback process on Horus?
Feedback collected through the PSG feedback process on Horus can only be viewed by the supervisor who requested the feedback.
The names of the PSG members who submitted feedback will be auto-populated into the CS end of placement report and these names will be seen by the foundation doctor, their supervisors and administrators once the report has been submitted.
We are developing a PSG feedback summary report, which will allow foundation doctors, their supervisors and administrators to see an anonymised summary of the feedback received from PSG members (in a similar way to the TAB summary). Further details will be published when available.
Learn more about